Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Paddy's Day!

I called my Irish American friend Gary over the weekend to wish him Happy St Patrick's Day. Turned out he was in Wuxi, on a business trip. I jokingly asked if there is an Irish pub nearby. His answer was, unfortunately no.

Gary used to buy us beer at Connor O'Neills while we were both going to grad school, so we were really closed:) We moved to different cities after graduation, but I still seeked his advice from time to time.

At the end of our conversation, Gary asked me to have a pint on his behalf on St. Patrick's Day. I am only too happy to oblige. I drove to the King's Head Pub on my way home for a green beer, but saw a long line of people waiting to get in. Not wanting to wait, I decided to have a black and tan at home instead.

This one's for you, Gary!

No comments: