Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Life of a Spring Couplet-4

Again, I called my calligraphy teacher for help. Since Spring couplet paper are red in color and seals are stamped with red ink, it is customary to stamp the seals on white paper, cut them out and stick onto the red Spring couplet paper. Sizing the cut and the location of the seal will greatly affect the aesthetics of the complete work, so I needed his advice.

We met at his apartment over lunch so he can give final blessing to my work and helped with sticking my seals.

Here is the end result. As usual, my name is obscure for privacy reasons...

Notice the addition of the a animal/zodiac seal on the right scroll, as well as my name and seal on the left scroll.

The Spring Couplets have been mailed via UPS. They should reach home in time for Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great job! 5 years of work is paying back :)