Friday, November 23, 2007

Friend from Phoenix; A friend in need is a friend indeed

My buddy from Grad school is getting married! A had worked long and hard for his PhD. After graduation, he worked at Freescale and somehow found time to study for a MBA as well. He is now an NPI manager. After years of school and work, he finally found time to date and settle down. A is one of the nicest guy anyone could know, and I am really happy for him.

His fiancee used to live in the Bay area and still have family here. They organized simple wedding celebration/reception at Shanghai 1930. I have not seen A in about a year now, and was quite excited to meet him. Besides, I heard Shanghai 1930 has good cocktails and good jazz...good enough reason for anyone:)

It was a fairly low key affair. Turns out I was the only friend from the groom side, so my showing meant a lot to A. I had a few cocktails, got stuffed on the free appetizers and generally had a good time. There was a band (Terry Disley) playing jazz which I enjoyed as well. My detailed review of Shanghai 1930 can be found on Yelp!

A is getting married on Dec 23rd in India. I volunteered to inform our mutual friends.

After the party, I went to the Bart station for my ride home. I had came up from Fremont BART and notice there was no train from Embarcadero to Fremont after 8pm. I panicked and call another friend, A, to pick me up from Millbrae and drive me to Fremont.

Turns out I made a mental mistake. The direct train from Embarcadero to Fremont was not running, but I could still make Fremont by going to East Bay and transferring trains. A told me he found the information on the web after I called, but decided he will come pick me up anyway. I am really grateful about that.

No comments: