Friday, February 18, 2011

President's Day weekend in Seattle 1

My flight touched down at SeaTac airport at about 9:45pm. I called K from the light rail station to annouce my arrival.

"We are out having a drink!" She said, "Care to join us?"

I had a good rest on the flight over and was feeling pretty fresh. "Why not?" I figured.

When the light rail reaches West Lake Center, K directed me to White Horse Trading Company: a small bar located a block away from Pike's Place market.

When I entered the bar, I immediately like the space. The bar was a older building, but was very well maintained. The space itself were small but felt intimate and warm. There were bookshelves along one wall and along the other. The whole room felt like the library of an old English gentlemen.

I had a mead and met a few of K's friends.

It was almost 11pm when I arrived at the bar, so after my drink we decided to call it a night. K's friend Colin drove and happened to live near my hotel, so he was able to drop me off.

No comments: