Monday, August 17, 2009

Friend from France(?)

K was in town for a week.

I first met K on my first job. Both of us joined the same company about 6 months apart and were both fresh out of school. We worked on the same unit on the same project, MM. This project being our first our of school, we put our heart and soul into our work. We worked late to make sure we met dateline. We came in on weekend to catch up. K was my RTL counterpart. We interacted a lot and became close friends.

After project MM, K and I moved onto project RK. But, we worked on different units and together with lifestyle changes, drifted apart. Then I left the company and did not hear from her for a while.

We started hanging out again in 2007. In 2008, she was accepted for the MBA program at INSEAD in France. She had been in France studying for the past 6 months and is back in town for a 1 week class. Given her busy class schedule, we do not keep in touch except through updates on Facebook.

We met at the local PF Chang's for dinner, with 20 of her other friends. Some were co-workers on MM which I have not met since the project was completed. It was fun catching up with everyone.

No comments: